MEET LONELIEST CREATURE IN THE WORLD, "WHALIEN 52" AND BTS SONG WITH SAME TITTLE

Ever heard of the 52 hertz whale? No? Get ready for a crash course then.






The 52-hertz whale is an individual whale of unidentified species, which calls at the very unusual frequency of 52 Hz. This pitch is a much higher frequency than that of the other whale species with migration patterns most closely resembling this whale's– the blue whale (10–39 Hz) or fin whale (20 Hz). It has been detected regularly in many locations since the late 1980s and appears to be the only individual emitting a whale call at this frequency. It has been described as the "world's loneliest whale".




BTS used this as a significant metaphor for their song. The song is about how you can be surrounded by crowds of people of different kinds and when you scream at the top of your lungs no one hears you. Hence the metaphor for the 52-hertz whale, the whale is surrounded by different types of life in the cast waters of earth by its cry us never heard because no one can hear it. Let's look at some of the lyrics that shows us this:

"In the middle of the vast ocean

One whale speaks softly and lonely

The fact that no matter how much they shout, it won’t reach

Makes them so gravely lonely that they quietly shut their mouths"

In my opinion, BTS try to convey the message that everyone's voice at many points of their life goes unheard. When we try to stand up for ourselves we get pushed aside and ignored. Or we keep to yourselves our problems that we hope someone can hear our silent screams within ourselves to help us.

But even when our voices are not heard we got to keep trying so that they do hear us.

"Even if my breaths are blocked

Because I’m confined in that wall

I head towards the surface of water above

Hey oh oh hey oh yeah"

You may feel invisible now, but you can't stay that way forever because someone will hear your cries over the noise of others. Keep trying until someone hears you.

"Lonely lonely lonely whale

Like this, try calling once again

Until this song that doesn’t have a response

Reaches tomorrow

No more no more baby

No more no more

An endless signal, will reach someday

Everywhere, even to the other side of the earth

No more no more baby

No more no more

Even the blind whales will be able to see me

Today, again, I sing"

You may feel and see yourself different from the rest of the people who are around you. They don't know what you are going through so keep yourself from not letting them see what goes inside of you. You cries you shout may fall on deaf ears so you feel less of who are, but when they praise and help you can't help but feel relieved that someone took the time to listen.

"The world will never know how sad I am

My pain is water and oil that can’t mix

So only above the surface of the water do I

Breathe, and the interest towards me ends

A child in the lonely ocean. I want to make it known too

My value, everyday

I become sick with worry, the sticker always beneath my ear

Never end, why isn’t there an end; every time it’s hell

Even if time goes by, in the cold abyss. Neverland

But, I always think, now

Even if I sleep a shrimp’s sleep,

my dreams are like that of a whale’s

The upcoming big praise will make me dance everyday

Like me, Ye i’m swimmin’ "

Now all that's left is for you to believing yourself that you can make it through it all.

"I go towards my future

That blue beach and

Believe in my hertz

Hey oh oh hey oh yeah"

It's a scary world when everyone is different from you, hence different whales, because each one has a different way of understanding each other. But even though we are all different, at the same time we are all the same too.

"My mother said the sea is blue

She said to let out your voice as far as you can

But what to do, it’s so dark and there are only different whales

speaking entirely different words

I just can’t hold it ma

I want to say I love you

I want to trace back to this music sheet that’s

like a rotating song that I sing myself

This sea is too deep

Still, I’m lucky

Because even if I cry, no one would know

I’m a whalien"

A last thing I want to add is, do you remember when you hear the song the high pitched whalien in the background? I think that represents the whales cries.

Of course the song interpretation is my opinion so feel free to interpret it Your own way as well. But I am proud of our boys for being able to bring a song about loneliness and being able to project it in a way like these through a metaphor through the 52-hertz whale. These are are truly extraordinary.

What do you feel about the song? Have you ever felt like a the lonely whale? Tell me what you think in the comments!

Thank you for reading it through I hope you liked the post and gives you some more insight to their songs!

__________


I also I would like to credit Wikipedia for providing the information about the 52-hertz whale and if you want to learn more here's the link. Under music you can also see that BTS is mentioned in the article for their song Whalien 52 

Post a Comment

0 Comments