Haikyuu!! The Dumpster Battle (2024) Review Movie

 


    It has been four years since the end of the 4th season of “Haikyuu!!,” the popular volleyball sports anime, and this time its first film, Haikyuu!! Movie: The Dumpster Battle has debuted in Indonesian cinemas since May 29, 2024. If people ask me what my favorite anime is, I sometimes struggle thinking because there are just a lot of anime that I love and enjoy. I even rewatch them multiple times. However, if I'm to base my answer on the number of times I rewatched an animated series, the answer is quite obvious. It's Haikyuu!

    I've rewatched all seasons (1-4) more than ten times and I'm more than willing to watch it again. I just never get tired of watching it.


    Another perk of going to a fan screening are the merch that you get. People lined up to get their merch before going inside. It was so exciting!!!


SPOILERS

             For Medforians who have not watched the anime "Haikyuu!!", it is recommended to watch the anime series first, because this film is still a continuation of the previous story.

            Haikyuu!! Movie: The Dumpster Battle presents a match that becomes the epicenter of the clash of ideals, personalities, and true rivalry between the two high school volleyball teams, Karasuno and Nekoma. The two teams in the anime series itself faced each other countless times in practice matches, and this time they must compete with all their hearts in the quarterfinals of the National Tournament.

Not only that, this film can be said to be the realization of the promise between the main protagonist of the Haiyuu series, Hinata Shoyo, and his rival, the genius Konzume Kenma to show their best performance and enjoy the match.

            The battle between the two was very fierce, where both teams were fighting for points. Karasuno tries to attack all out by repeatedly using his signature attack, "Synchronization", while Nekoma tries to defend completely and occasionally uses counterattacks or uses "Synchronization".

            This film actually shows more of the side of his rival, Kenma. The change in Kenma's character, from initially not really enjoying the match, to being happy because of Shoyo's development, who was able to rise above his feelings of despair. Kenma can be said to be the "General", managing the tactics and strategy of the Nekoma team so that they can prevent the Karasuno and Shoyo teams from getting points.




This film also shows more Nekoma flashbacks, where at the beginning he met Shoyo, and the story of his childhood with his best friend and Nekoma team captain, Kuroo.

            Unfortunately, the film that became the intense rivalry battle between Karasuno and Nekoma was only presented for about 85 minutes, so it felt too fast and too prominent for Shoyo and Kenma. Other players should have been able to shine more here. Besides these two players, other players who still get the spotlight, although not much, are Kuroo and Tsukishima.

            In terms of animation quality itself, it can be said to be okay and good. The animation and visuals feel smooth and dynamic in every match. There are many special effects, both when Kenma's eyes are focused on targeting Shoyo and Karasuno's weaknesses, or Shoyo who jumps high and "flies" to reach a high pass from Tobio Kageyama.

         The animation and visuals are supported by uplifting and pulsating music, enhancing the emotional impact of key moments while creating a resonant experience with the audience. A well-chosen soundtrack contributes to the overall atmosphere of the film, drawing the audience into the intensity and excitement of the match.

        Haikyu!! The Dumpster Battle had its fair share of volleyball thrills and was able to satisfy fans who had waited four years for Karasuno's return.

       Although there is no definite news about when the anime will continue to air, as a closing, there is an after-credit scene that can satisfy fans, and it is very likely that the Haikyuu!! anime will continue into a series, film, or OVA.

The movie was awesome!!!

            I expected it because this arc is my favorite from the manga and it didn't disappoint at all. It was even much better than I expected.

            It's so funny because we're watching with fellow fans, so the theater was so interactive as if we're really watching the match in person. People were cheering, laughing, awe-inspired and heartily enjoying every screen.

            There's one thing I want to highlight, though. There's a certain scene which was done in Kenma's perspective and it was one of the best things ever!!! You'll get what I mean when you watch the movie. It's so worth it.

After the film, I went to my cousin's place to spend the night (and to take him home coz the movie ended late). Well, I'm still here... So I'm blogging on my phone. I just can't wait to share my experience here.

            We kept talking about the movie as we unboxed the merch we got. Let me show you some photos...

 




        Having official merch hits differently! It's definitely worth it! I've been wanting this Haikyuu! 33.5 because it has some "names" of the manga. It's just amazing to see some early process of the manuscript. Huhuhu I feel so happy... 😁😁😁

            Now, I'll do some stuff while I'm in this area before going home in the afternoon. I still got to work tonight. It's ok though because despite the effort and the crowd, I had one hell of a blast. Thanks to Haikyuu! ..

            Thanks for reading and see you around!





 

Post a Comment

0 Comments